13 Mar 2012

The Bachelor Season Finale: Ben Picks Courtney!

Offering up plenty of drama, Season 16 of ABC's "The Bachelor" has come to a close - and Ben Flajnik went against all odds by choosing Courtney Robertson as his bride-to-be.
The 29-year-old got down on one knee on a mountain in Switzerland last November with a Neil Lane sparkler, telling the brunette model, "What a journey, it's been an incredible road getting to this point with you through all the ups and downs we've encountered, real signs of what could be. From our first date in Sonoma when I felt like we were on this same path, wavelengths of sorts, where we kind of understood each other."
As Robertson beamed with excitement over the proposal, Flajnik continued on, saying, "But, I promised myself that I wouldn't get down on one knee again unless I was certain that it was forever. And I want to tell you that you are my forever. I have waited a really long time to tell you that I am in love with you more than you will ever know and this whole experience and journey has been worth it every step of the way."
Though the proposal sounded like the two were madly in love, the "After The Final Rose" special told otherwise.
When Bachelor Ben joined host Chris Harrison onstage, the San Francisco winemaker said the two called off their engagement after seeing the terrible behavior of Robertson on the show.
However, after the Ford modeling beauty got her turn to tell her side of the story, she explained that being in a house full of women “brought out the worst in me.”
Robertson later went on to say she felt there were trust issues between herself and Flajnik, adding that she felt "abandoned," but Ben wasn't going to let things end like that.
Before the special was over, he slipped the engagement ring back on Robertson's finger, saying, "I want to be with you. I love you. I’m not going to abandon you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment