15 Mar 2012

Kate Middleton Gets Her Field Hockey On

With Princes Harry (Brazil) and Prince William (the Falklands) otherwise occupied, it fell to Kate Middleton to help ramp up the excitement as the ambassador of the 2012 London Olympics during a private visit to the city's Olympic Park.
Did she ever. She worked out with Team Great Britain's field hockey squad!
Sporty Kate Middleton
Dressy Kate MiddletonHaving played the sport herself (and even serving as her school's captain), the ever-game Duchess wasted no time joining in with the ladies. So how'd she do?
As with everything else, Kate Middleton proved herself to be a total natural.
"I was really looking forward to coming here, but now I am here and have discovered I have to play," she told the men's and women's teams beforehand.
"I am not feeling confident. The last time I played was 2005, maybe. It feels like I haven't held a stick for 10 years. This is going to be so embarrassing."
"My brain thinks I can do these things, but my body doesn't play ball. Oh, please don't tell me I have to do it in front of all these people!" she joked.
Kate missed the first three of her goal attempts, but ultimately scored a goal - to rapturous applause from all players and observers, of course.
Middleton swapped her blazer and heels for a gray Team GB sweatshirt, coral jeans and Adidas sneakers. She looks great in both ensembles, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment