6 Mar 2012

Victoria Beckham: “I just love fashion too much to wear a tracksuit!”


Victoria Beckham appears on the new cover of Madame Figaro, a French publicationwe rarely discuss. I don’t know if it’s supposed to be a highbrow or lowbrowpublication, but I’d say that if Posh Beckham deigns to appear on multiple covers, with a pouty, faux-sexy photo shoot, it’s probably not the most high-class magazine. Anyway, Posh is still trying to clean up her old chav, WAG-tastic past by letting us know that she would NEVER be caught dead in anything vaguely peasant-y. She sounds like Dame Gwyneth here:
She hates tracksuits: ‘You’ll never see me on the street in a tracksuit. I just lovefashion too much to wear a tracksuit! The same goes for Ugg boots. I only wearthem only at home.’
She loves Prada: ‘I’m addicted to Prada, to cardigans and bags Hermes… I’d love to see the world through the eyes of Miuccia Prada! The woman is a genius. Her vision is of ultra-intelligent fashion. Each season, she creates something new, she knows how to surprise.’
She’d love to dress Tilda Swinton: ‘I would like to design clothes for her.’
She’s a big fan of Net-A-Porter.com: ‘I am a big fan of Net-A-Porter.com. When the kids are asleep, I can travel on this site for several hours. I like the idea of quietly shopping at home for clothes and returning them if it don’t work. This is absolute freedom.’
[From The Mail]
The Mail makes a big deal about the tracksuit thing, because they have a photo of Posh from, like, five years ago when she was coming out of a doctor’s office or something, and she was wearing loose sweatpants. The Mail is all, “Hahaha, LIAR!!!!”But unless I’m mistaken, even the Brits distinguish between “tracksuits” and “sweats” right? Tracksuits are – in my opinion – made of nylon, and they make you look like aNew Jersey mobster. Sweats are just workout gear. Right?
As for Posh’s attempt to be all fashion-y and high class now… look, I like Posh. She’s grown on me a great deal over the past few years. But she needs to stop trying to be Gwyneth. No one likes Gwyneth. No one wants to be Gwyneth. Gwyneth is only a legend in her own mind. Posh >>> Goop.

No comments:

Post a Comment